Monday, March 15, 2010

Sunday Review

This Sunday was an AMAZING day of ministry for me. Sure, our numbers were down. Sure, we had a few volunteers call in sick last minute. Sure, my poor (and by that I mean wonderful and amazing) husband got roped into doing check-in at our largest service. Yet God worked, and it was awesome.

1) I had an awesome conversation with a mom. I was telling her about our new Wednesday night program, and how all of her kids could come (we opened it up birth - 5th grade), and she was telling me how much she loved my ministry and how her kids were GETTING IT! Her 3 year old told her a few weeks ago how much Jesus loved mommy and *child's name*. Her son, is asking questions and wanting to read his bible. He has been going to a Christian school his whole life, but it wasn't until they started coming to our church that these things started to happen. I LIVE for comments like this. It means that my kids are getting it, and that parents are valuing the learning that happens here. LOVE IT!

2) Last Sunday I had a first timer come with a very cautious mother. She asked if a particular girl was here (whom I had never heard of), I said no, and that made her even more nervous. She left her daughter, who had a great time, and at the end of the service told her mom that she wanted to come back next week. This Sunday, she did, and brought a friend! I was so excited. She loved church so much that she brought a friend with her. Neither of these girls have EVER been to a church before. I'm so excited to have the opportunity to share Jesus with them!

3) It looks like we FINALLY have a guy for our 11 am 4th and 5th graders. We have been praying for two months that God would bring us a younger "cool" guy that our 4th and 5th grade boys could look up to, play with and listen to. Our prayers were answered by a very godly college student! He tried it out on Sunday and LOVED it! I'm so excited to have a guy in with those boys to help show them how to follow Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment