Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Being a Children's Pastor is the Best Job EVER!



This is me from last Summer Blast. I volunteered to be slimed if the kids could raise $1,000 for the local rescue mission. The kids came really close, and we asked the parents to help out on the last night. (A special thanks to my dad, who I think pushed us over the edge). I love doing crazy things to help motivate the kids. It is my prayer that my external motivations for them will turn into internal motivations. That I don't allow all of the external stuff to get in the way of what God is doing for their heart. They provided 500 meals for homeless in their community, but most of them just remember me being slimed. I pray that we are able to help kids open their hearts up to those around them, and that we would be able to to help them have the intrinsic motivation they need. I am so excited for planing for this coming Summer, I can't wait for the kids to see what we have in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment